Most of the people have an ample amount of time as free time. They can use it as they want whether by watching television or playing or just by sleeping. Using your leisure time effectively may have a huge impact on your lifestyle which you may be unaware of. I believe that scheduling your time cannot be a good option because then you don’t use your time freely as you want.
Using your time effectively is necessary as it directly affects your mind and health. It depends from person to person how they use their time.Most people feel by watching TV they are actually giving rest to their mind but it’s not true. Psychologists consider TV to be junk for the mind. It is having a negative effect on brain functioning.
However, what happens if you don’t fill that open time?
From a survey it has been found that approximately 95 percent of people focus their extra time on entertainment while rest of them invest their free time on education for beneficial output.
Here is the list of healthy and productive ways to spend your free time.
1) Exercise – Rather than sitting at home and doing nothing you can opt for doing exercises. Exercise can be done in many ways. Choose an exercise that you love to do and make sure to do it willingly every day in a week for about 45 to 50 minutes. A healthy amount of exercise will not only keep your body fit but also make you feel fresh for the rest of the day. A good soothing music along with exercise will be an added advantage for your better workout. Examples:Walking, Running,Yoga, Dancing,Weights,Swimming , tennis and many more.
2) Reading – If you love reading books then this is certainly the best way to use your spare time effectively. Fiction or non-fiction whatever it may be you should read new topics as it not only helps in improving our concentration but also helps in increasing your knowledge in various fields.Reading needs practice. For the new readers it may take time to concentrate on a book for long periods .You can’t sit down and read for hours when you don’t read often. You develop this ability over time, the same way that you develop strength by exercising.
3) Walking – What if you took a 30 minute walk every day in your free time? If you do not want your body to get tired by doing exercise you can even choose to go out for a long walk or jog. It would improve your health which will lead to more efficient brain function. Early morning walk is much healthier . Over the time you will notice that going out for a walk or jog will make you feel so refreshed that it will become a part for your daily schedule.
4) Brain Games – Why not try something different from watching TV in your free time. Play games that challenge you and keep your brain sharp. You can find many brain games online like Sudoku,puzzle,treasure hunt and many more. These brain games helps to improve mental skills. From health point of view gaming is better than watching TV as gaming requires variety of aspects of brain to be active.
5) Meditate – Need to get relaxed in a peaceful way then meditation is the best option. Sitting quietly and relaxing helps in improving the concentration power along with regulating mood and anxiety disorders. Meditation is highly recommended if a person is suffering from depression and stress. Sit quietly for at least ten minutes a day and see the changes in you.
6) Learn something new – Try to learn something new in every time you get a chance to. Scientists have found out that learning new skills that require a certain level of intensity can actually help your brain grow. Learning something new will help your skills to develop in different area thereby increasing your potential. Learning a new hobby is a great way to relieve stress and make you more creative.
7) Personal care – In life there are various ways to do small things smarter that can have a significant impact on your quality of living. The best way to spend your free time productively would be by taking care of yourself i.e. your personal care. Whether it is your skin that needs to be taken cared of, your personal hygiene that needs to be maintained, your nails that need filing or your hair that needs to be oiled you should look into it. Only when you look good can you feel good.
8) Start writing a blog – There are numerous number of people across the globe who invest their free time on blogging. You can also start sharing your views or experience through a blog. Your blog could be on anything on any topic that interests you like cooking, travelling, science and technology, sports anything. No matter how unconventional your blog may be if your blog is interesting you will be able to attract a numerous number of people. Communicate your ideas with other people.
9) Spend time with friends – In today’s busy schedule it is impossible for us to take time for our friends or families. Spending your time with your friends or close ones will actually help you in relaxing both your mind and body.Researchers have found that people are happier when they are with other people than when they are alone.
10) Part time job – You can also choose to do part-time jobs in your free time and earn money. There are many part-time jobs that can done from home like you can be a tutor or web researcher or anything which you would love to do. Rather than wasting your time sitting on a couch you could earn money easily sitting at home which will make you feel good about yourself.